3 July - 31 October 2017 - Registration closes, 1 June 2017
ABOUT THIS ONLINE COURSE
Participants will gain understanding of customary law rules (written and unwritten) which have developed from the customs and traditions of communities. Furthermore, participants will learn the extent in which customary law is recognised by the South African Constitution; and the application of customary law by the courts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Attorneys who wish to acquire basic knowledge of customary law, and insight on how to apply customary law in given cases.
COST OF THE ONLINE COURSE
Only R850 per participant. (VAT incl).
OUTLINE OF THE COURSE
- Chapter 1 The Nature and Application of Customary Law
- Chapter 2 The Social Structure of Indigenous Communities (Tribes)
- Chapter 3 - Contracts
- Chapter 4 Delicts
- Chapter 5 Traditional Authority Courts
- Chapter 6 Succession and Inheritance
- Chapter 7 Traditional Leadership and Governance
- Chapter 8 Communal Land Tenure
- Chapter 9 Customary Marriages
Click HERE to read more about the Learning Outcomes of the course ....
Click HERE to read more about the Assessment and Terms and Conditions of the course
REGISTRATION FORM - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD... ONLINE CUSTOMARY LAW
The form takes a couple of seconds to download. Email the completed form with proof of payment to annelie@LSSALEAD.org.za
EFT payment to accompany your registration.
LSSA BANKING DETAILS:
Law Society of South Africa
Acc no: 6200 9641 079
Bank: FNB Pretoria
Branch Code: 251445
Ref: Your name and cell number
For more information about this course, contact Grace Mukuru on tel: +27 (0)12 441 4612.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- The confirmation email will be sent you within five days after the closing date of registrations.
- The online is conducted in English and all assignments are submitted in English.
- The required learning material will be available for downloading on the platform.
- Should you need to cancel your registration, this must be done in writing within 5 business days BEFORE the closing date to avoid the full fee being charged.
- LEAD reserves the right to cancel an online should the number of delegates not justify the costs involved. Registered participants will be given reasonable notice of cancellation.