The first conveyancing examination for 2017 is just around the corner.
This workshop is primarily aimed at assisting candidates prepare for the Conveyancing Examination of 10 May 2017.
The closing date for registrations is 3 April 2017.
NB: Please note the required documents below.
Click here to download 2017 Conveyancing Exam Preparation Workshop 1st intake 2017
Workshop Documents Required
Candidates should please being the following to the workshop:
- Deeds Registries Act and Regulations (Juta publication)
- Transfer Duty Act
- Sectional Titles Act and Regulations (Juta publication)
- Alienation of Land Act
Useful additional documents
- Practitioner’s Guide to Conveyancing and Notarial Practice by Allen West available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za.
- Chief Registrar’s Circulars and Conference Resolutions (Butterworth’s loose-leaf binder).
- Conveyancing Practice Guide, 4th Edition by J.O. Christie (LexisNexis publication: email@example.com)
- Conveyancing study notes by LEAD available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za
- Relevant sections of other Acts as set out in the 2017 syllabus.
Please note that without the essential publications, you will lack the tools required for effective preparation and you will not derive the full benefit from the workshop.
For the Pretoria workshop, the following documents will suffice:
- Allen West book "Practitioner’s Guide to Conveyancing and Notarial Practice";
- LEAD study notes;
- “Legislation for LEAD Conveyancing and Notarial 2016” (available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za); and
Copies of relevant conference resolutions for the last three years. Once you have registered, please contact molalatladi@LSSALEAD.org.za if you need electronic copies of conference resolutions for the last three years to be e-mailed to you.