The FIRST Conveyancing examination for 2018 is just around the corner.
This workshop is primarily aimed at assisting candidates prepare for the Conveyancing Examination.
NB: Please note the required documents below.
Durban | Dates: 9, 16, 23 April | Duration: 17:30 - 21:00 Registration closure: 28 March 2018
Cape Town | Dates: 2, 3, 4 May | Duration: 17:30 - 21:00 Registration closure: 18 April 2018
Pretoria | Dates: 2, 3, 4 May | Duration: 15:00 - 18:00 Registration closure: 18 April 2018
Link: Click here to Download 2018 Registration form for Conveyancing Exam Preparation Workshop 2018
Workshop Documents Required
Participants should please bring the following required documents/publications to the workshop:
- Deeds Registries Act and Regulations (Juta publication)
- Transfer Duty Act (see Saflii website section Transfer Duty Act and SARS – Transfer Duty Act (12 December 2017 – see SARS website)
- Sectional Titles Act and Regulations (Juta publication)
- Alienation of Land Act (Juta publication)
- Relevant conference resolutions – the last three years (access Articles, Registrars conference Resolutions - 2017/55424 at the Gost Digest website)
Useful additional documents
- Practitioner’s Guide to Conveyancing and Notarial Practice by Allen West available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za.
- Chief Registrar’s Circulars and Conference Resolutions (Butterworth’s loose-leaf binder).
- Conveyancing Practice Guide, 4th Edition by J.O. Christie (LexisNexis publication: email@example.com)
- Conveyancing study notes by LEAD available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za
- Relevant sections of other Acts as set out in the 2017 syllabus.
Please note that without the essential publications, you will lack the tools required for effective preparation and you will not derive the full benefit from the workshop.
For the Pretoria workshop, the following documents will suffice:
- Allen West book "Practitioner’s Guide to Conveyancing and Notarial Practice";
- LEAD study notes;
- “Legislation for LEAD Conveyancing and Notarial 2018” (available from sales@LSSALEAD.org.za); and
Copies of relevant conference resolutions for the last three years. Once you have registered, please contact molalatladi@LSSALEAD.org.za if you need electronic copies of conference resolutions for the last three years to be e-mailed to you.