The course provides general business skills and practical approaches to all aspects of the Legal Secretary. It will provide a broad knowledge and skills needed in the industry. The course should produce knowledgeable, skilled administrative secretaries who are able to contribute to improved productivity and efficiency within the industry.
Download the brochure/registration form.
Who will benefit from this training?
- Support staff who wish to achieve greater efficiency working for a legal practice; and
- Individuals who want to enter this legal field.
- Legal System
- Participants learn about the Constitution as the Supreme Law; Common Law; Case Law; Customary Law; Legislation; SA Court System.
- Legal Secretary Duties
- Covers events: meetings; co-ordinating the calendar on Outlook; office supplies and equipment; financial processes; incoming and outgoing telephone calls; managing incoming and outgoing mail; verbal and non-verbal communication; making the client feel at home; business calculations.
- Explanation of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- Legal Profession
- Covers administrative officials of the courts; Presiding officers; Judges; National Prosecution Authority; Attorneys; Advocates; Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs; State Attorney; Family Advocate; The various departments in the attorney’s office; Incoming and outgoing legal documents; Legal Terms – Term/Translation/Definition and use. In addition, the various departments in the attorney’s office; incoming and outgoing legal documents; legal terms – term/translation/definition and use; the relevant rules of the provincial law society.
- Business Fundamentals
- Covers motivation; identifying problems with time management; strategies for time management; techniques to help reduce procrastination; dealing with stress; client care; client satisfaction; delegation; making an effective team; dealing with difficult clients; support skills.
Fees are calculated according to Legal Support Staff and “Other”. Please see brochure for the details
The facilitators are experts in these fields.
merlin@LSSALEAD.org.za | Tel: 012 441 4652/00